WIN A PATRICK HERON INSPIRED PAINTING BREAK IN CORNWALL
Our friends at Newlyn School of Art have launched a fantastic prize draw for one lucky winner to receive a place on their two-day Patrick Heron painting course in Cornwall, three nights stay at The Old Coastguard, two places at a talk by Mel Gooding - the leading authority on the artist, two tickets to the Private View of the Patrick Heron retrospective exhibition at Tate St Ives and a copy of the Phaidon Patrick Heron book. Read on for more information and how to enter…
• One place on the two-day Patrick Heron course on 17th-18th May, 2018 worth £225.
• A 3 night stay from 16th May 2018 for two people at The Old Coastguard, EATDRINKSLEEP's small seaside hotel in Mousehole. Includes Dinner and Breakfast. Worth £810.
• Two places at the public talk on Patrick Heron by the leading authority on the artist – Mel Gooding at 7pm on 16th May, 2018.
• Two tickets to the Members only Tate Gallery, St Ives private view of the Patrick Heron retrospective exhibition on 18th May, 2018.
• A copy of the Phaidon Patrick Heron book by Mel Gooding worth £25.
An unmissable opportunity for the many among us who have been inspired by Patrick Heron's paintings. A wonderful two days, hands-on course exploring Heron's painting with particular reference to colour and space. Find out more information about the course on the course page here
The Old Coastguard is a seaside hotel in the fishing village of Mousehole, near the beaches and gardens of West Cornwall, the Minack Theatre and the artists' studios of Newlyn, Penzance and St. Ives. Enjoy an escape from everyday life with bedrooms looking out over glistening Cornish inland waters, views to St. Michael's Mount and the Lizard, and a dining room and outside terrace sitting atop a tropical garden that slopes down to the harbour wall.
The exhibition at Tate St Ives will stretch from Heron’s early work in the 1940s to his death at the very end of the 20th century, showing the full evolution of his vibrant abstract paintings. Making use of the gallery’s new building, the show will include a number of large-scale paintings offering visitors a unique opportunity to explore this modern master’s sense of scale, colour and composition.
First image: Big Cobalt Violet, May, 1972. Copyright Estate of Patrick Heron. All rights reserved 2018.
Second image: Patrick Heron Course at Newlyn School of Art. Photo: Mike Newman, Ocean Image Photography ©
Third image: The Old Coastguard ©
Fourth image: Tate St Ives © Tate