Take part in the Royal Institute of Oil Painters' annual Paint Live competition, a friendly and engaging event where you will have the day to create a painting within a half mile of Mall Galleries, London.
This area includes some of London’s most iconic places: Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar Square and the National Gallery, Leicester Square, St James’s Park and Piccadilly Circus, as well as many smaller streets, squares, parks and views of The Thames.
- First Prize: £250 Cass Art Gift Voucher for the winner
- Two runner-up prizes of £50 Cass Art Gift Vouchers
- Ian Cryer FROI, Past President of the Royal Institute of Oil Painters
- Natalia Avdeeva ROI, Member of the ROI
- Luis Morris ROI, Member
- Meet at Mall Galleries for 10am to register your arrival
- You will be provided with a 30 x 30 cm canvas board, courtesy of Winsor & Newton
- You may bring a 30 x 30 cm support of your own choosing if you wish but it will need to be marked so as to confirm that the work is produced during the competition period
- You may wish to bring acrylic colours for toning your ground ahead of starting work
- Your subject must be within a half mile radius of the Mall Galleries
- The competition is for work produced during the competition period and although we expect many to work on location this is not a rule and references may be used
- A lunch break may be taken between 12:30pm and 1:30pm in the gallery’s café or elsewhere if you choose to bring your own packed lunch
- You are welcome to speak to the judges and ask their advice during the break
- Working resumes at 1:30pm and the work must be completed by 4pm
- You may ask for a second canvas board for the second session if you wish
- Judging commences at approximately 4:20pm with the prizes presented on completion before 5pm
- A Cass Art tote bag and vouchers for a £5 reduction when buying art materials worth £30 from their Charing Cross store will be given to all entrants
How to Book:
- Tickets are £18, £13 for Friends of the ROI.
- To register your interest, please email Alistair Redgrift (Head of FBA Exhibitions) at email@example.com or book tickets below
Supported by Cass Art & Winsor & Newton
Image credit: 'Reflections, Piccadilly Circus' by Natalia Avdeeva ROIBOOK NOW