THIS PRODUCT IS EXCLUSIVE TO CASS ART
Polychromatic, shimmering and lustrous - this gorgeous collection of Resin8 Metallic Pigments has been curated especially for Cass Art and will add stunning effects to your resin work.
Discover the wonders of resin craft with these best-selling shades - Old Gold, Silver, Copper, Turquoise, Green and Red. These pigments resemble polished metal with a visual shine and play a vital role in resin artwork by enhancing other colours. Contrasting against other tints and tones, these colours are lightfast and have an excellent tolerance to fading in prolonged sunlight as well as having brilliant heat resistance. A little goes a LONG way, they are highly concentrated and must be pre-mixed with resin for use.
How To Use
- Stir first: these colours can separate from their binder. This is completely normal - it just needs a good mix up.
- Use sparingly: the general rule of thumb is to use up to 10% by volume to your resin mix (1 part pigment to 10 parts resin mix).
- Any more than this and you will interfere with the resin ratio – resulting in your work curing with a tacky or flexible finish. Resin8 likes to think about the amounts to use in terms of nuts & seeds... for 20mls resin you need a SESAME seed sized amount of pigment; for 40mls a PINE NUT, for 100mls a SUNFLOWER SEED; and for 250ml a CASHEW NUT sized amount of pigment.
- Add to resin: these pigments do not work like traditional paints (and can't be used to paint with on paper or canvas) - they must be pre-mixed with resin
- Adding to JESMONITE®: These pigments are not designed for use with JESMONITE® and will appear much lighter in colour if added. As they can affect the cure of JESMONITE®, we recommend using our specially-designed pigments for JESMONITE® instead.