Vivid, rich and translucent - use this Resin8 Transparent Pigment Bundle for adding intense translucent colour to your resin designs.
With amazing transparency, these lightfast tints produce stunning stained glass style effects. Discover the wonders of resin craft with these 5 intermixable tones - White, Light Blue, Jade, Red and Violet.
Transparent tints can be used in artworks to manipulate previous undertones - use them to create unique depth and layers. You can control the intensity of these colours by altering the amount of pigment added - add less for pale colours and more for intense translucency. With brilliant colourfast properties and great heat resistance. These pigments must be pre-mixed with resin for use. These transparent colours are super concentrated: less is more. The general rule of thumb is to use up to a maximum of 2% by volume to your resin mix.
How To Use
- Stir first: these colours can separate from their binder. This is completely normal - it just needs a good mix up.
- Use a cocktail stick: this will help ensure you do not add to much pigment to your resin.
- These transparent colours are super concentrated: less is more
- Use sparingly: the general rule of thumb is to use up to 2% by volume to your resin mix (1 part pigment to 50 parts resin mix).
- Any more than this and you will interfere with the resin ratio – resulting in your work curing with a tacky or flexible finish.
- Resin8 likes to think about the amounts to use in terms of nuts & seeds... for 20mls resin you need a CHIA seed sized amount of pigment; for 40mls a SESAME SEED, for 100mls a PINE NUT; and for 250ml a SUNFLOWER SEED sized amount of pigment.
- Add to resin: these pigments do not work like traditional paints (and can't be used to paint with on paper or canvas) - they must be pre-mixed with resin.
- Add to JESMONITE®: these pigments are not suitable for use with JESMONITE®.