The Derwent Blender & Burnisher Set is a handy box of tricks for creative sketchers, with two blenders, two burnishers, an eraser and a sharpener. If you haven't tried one before, a blender is a colourless pencil, made from the binder used in coloured pencils, which allows you to blend two or more colours together.
- As well as mixing the colours, it smoothes the surface, softening individual strokes and any hard edges.
- The Burnisher is a hard, colourless pencil which acts almost like a polish.
- Rub it over coloured areas and it pushes the pigment into the paper, creating a shiny finish and making colours more vibrant.
- You can also use the burnisher to create wax-resist effects by drawing with it before adding colour.
- The wax layer will resist the coloured pencil, leaving that part of your drawing white.
Derwent Blender & Burnisher Set contains: two blenders; two burnishers; eraser; sharpener.