This trial set of Liquitex pouring medium includes three 118ml bottles of Liquitex pouring medium in gloss, matte, and iridescent effects.
The Fluid Effect Medium from Liquitex is designed for use in poured applications in working with Acrylic colour and mixed media. This pouring medium reduces crazing and dries to a clear flexible film. When dry it is permanent, non-yellowing and water resistant.
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality.
- Maintains color opacity.
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability.
- Lowers viscosity of heavier body paints, giving increased flow.
- Dries to a high gloss, wet-look finish.
- Results in a smooth surface, with no crazing, cracking or bubbles.
- Gives even poured puddles and acrylic skins.
How to use
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- For best pours, start with with a tablespoon of Soft Body colour to a cup of Pouring Medium (around 5% color to 95% medium) and adapt to suit your technique
- To use with Acrylic Ink or Heavy Body Acrylic, adjust ratio to get your desired consistency
- Stir gently to avoid creating foam - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear
- Use as a regular fluid medium extender - mix as much as you like into acrylic color to create the volume and viscosity you want
- Crazing and cracking can occur when the flow heights are very uneven so ensure your poured surface is level when drying
- Use with Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic and Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic colours.