Liquitex Fluid Airbrush Medium is a pre-filtered, read-to-use medium that easily thins any acrylic, water colour, or gouache to the right consistency for spray application.
- An excellent choice for colour washes and water colour techniques when used with acrylic colours.
- Mixes well with other mediums to adjust the body and handling properties.
- Maintains integrity of acrylic even at high dilutions, and decreases airbrush clogging and paint build-up.
How to use
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products.
- Start by using in a 1:1 ratio with Soft Body Acrylic or Acrylic Ink, adjusting levels according to color chosen as each varies due to pigment size and and concentration.
- Airbrush nozzle size and spraying pressure will determine your ratio, so experiment to get the optimum mix.
- Stir gently until the mixture is fully blended - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear.
- If using with Heavy Body, strain once mixed to remove any particles of undissolved color.
- Clean out immediately after use before acrylic has a chance to dry -Do not allow paint to dry in the airbrush - always wash it through with warm soapy water, a water/ammonia mixture, airbrush cleaner or alcohol.
- Do not shake.
- Do not use with any non-acrylic media.