Museum Series Aquabord™ from Ampersand is an acid-free textured clay surface that absorbs watercolour like a fine paper.
- Colours retain their purity and vibrancy in a way that even the finest of watercolour papers can’t match.
- When compared with watercolour paper, this multimedia panel simulates the absorbency and texture of a cold pressed paper but allows colour to be lifted back to white easily while also leaving the richest, most vibrant colour possible.
- This workable surface provides natural looking highlights, fluid glazes, transparent subtle layers, and the ability to lift colour while the surface is wet or even after it is dry.
- Uniquely absorbent, Aquabord™ is perfect for watercolours and gouache, but is also ideal for casein and acrylics.
- The Aquabord™ will not tear, shrink or buckle even under heaviest water applications; they are also archival, eco-friendly and made in the USA.
These boards come in either 1/8” (3mm) or 7/8" (22mm) depths and are available in a range of sizes, from 12.7 x 17.8cm (5 x 7”) up to 40.6 x 50.8cm (16 x 20”).