Liquitex Gloss Medium improves flow and adhesion of paint film when mixed directly with acrylic paint.
- Liquitex Gloss Medium is perfect for adding a gloss finish to acrylic paints if you don't want the typical matt finish acrylic paints give.
- Increases surface gloss, color depth and transparency.
- Lowers viscosity of heavier body paints, giving increased flow.
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability.
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality.
- Use as a non-removable varnish to protect paintings and establish a gloss surface sheen.
- Ideal to use as a glue when collaging with lightweight materials.
- Transfers printed images.
How to use
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products.
- Mix with Matte Medium to create a custom satin fluid medium.
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 25% water - distilled water will give best results.
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic color to create the viscosity and transparency you want - the more you add, the thinner and more transparent your color will become.
- Stir gently to avoid creating foam - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear.
- This is semi-opaque when wet, transparent when dry.
- To fix pastel, graphite or chalk, mix 1 part medium to 1 part distilled water and apply with an atomizer or airbrush.
- Apply with a brush/sponge as a lightweight collaging glue Do not shake or vigorously over-brush as this can result in a foggy, hazy look when dry .
- Do not use with any non-acrylic media.