Strong, long-lasting, and with vibrant colours - these Resin8 Opaque Resin Pigments will add intense flat colours to your resin work. Bold and vibrant, this bundle contains White, Black, Blue, Red and Yellow pigments which can be mixed and combined to form every colour under the sun!
These colours are lightfast and have an excellent tolerance to fading in prolonged sunlight as well as having brilliant heat resistance. They are highly concentrated and must be pre-mixed with resin for use. The general rule of thumb is to use up to 10% by volume to your resin mix.
How To Use
- Stir first: these colours can separate from their binder. This is completely normal - it just needs a good mix up.
- Intermix: you can create any colour under the sun with our opaque pigments - try mixing two colours in a small pot prior to adding to your resin mix.
- Use sparingly: the general rule of thumb is to use up to 10% by volume to your resin mix (1 part pigment to 10 parts resin mix).
- Any more than this and you will interfere with the resin ratio resulting in your work curing with a tacky or flexible finish.
- Resin8 likes to think about the amounts to use in terms of nuts & seeds... for 20mls resin you need a SESAME seed sized amount of pigment; for 40mls a PINE NUT, for 100mls a SUNFLOWER SEED; and for 250ml a CASHEW NUT sized amount of pigment.
- Add to resin: these pigments do not work like traditional paints (and can't be used to paint with on paper or canvas) - they must be pre-mixed with resin
- Adding to JESMONITE®: These pigments are not designed for use with JESMONITE® and will appear much lighter in colour if added. As they can affect the cure of JESMONITE®, we recommend using our range of specially-designed JESMONITE® pigments instead.