Liquitex Glazing Medium is used when maximum transparency is required to add luminosity and depth to your paintings. This fluid medium can be used to create brilliant glazes when mixed with transparent colour.
- Glazing Medium dries quickly for rapid layering and tends to minimize or eliminate brush strokes.
- Mix with Slow-Dri Fluid Retarder to extend working time.
- Increases color depth, transparency and surface gloss.
- Dries quickly for rapid layering.
- Lowers viscosity and minimizes brush strokes.
- Extends your color further without affecting acrylic stability.
- Maintains paint adhesion, durability and archival quality.
How to use
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products.
- Use with transparent and semi-transparent colors for rich glazed effects.
- Can be thinned by diluting with up to 25% water - distilled water will give best results.
- Mix as much as you like into acrylic color to create the viscosity and transparency you want - the more you add, the thinner and more transparent your color will become.
- Stir gently to avoid creating foam - if bubbles appear, leave it to sit while the bubbles rise and disappear.
- Color will temporarily lighten and then return to its original level when dry.
- Let each layer dry completely before applying the next.
- Apply to dry, painted areas to change coloration without losing established detail.
- Do not shake or vigorously over-brush as this can result in a foggy, hazy look when dry.
- Do not use with any non-acrylic media.