The Sennelier Oil Stick is a composition of oil paint and neutral mineral wax, resulting in the stick appearance.
- Sennelier colours feature quality, pure pigments which are ground into vegetable oils (siccatives), selected for their low degree of yellowing with time.
- The choice of high concentration pigments also allows for excellent light resistance.
- They are suitable for use on canvas, canvas boards, laminated panels and paper and can be used alone or in combination with oil paint tubes.
- Solid oil paint should be applied in a relatively thin film (no more than 1mm).
- Layers can be overlapped, in the same manner as oil paint, and can, if necessary, be thinned with turpentine.
- Before use, the surface film should be removed. This will re-form after a few days of non-use.
- Paint applied dries within 2 to 5 days depending on layer thickness and atmosphere conditions.
Once dry, the paint may be varnished like conventional oil paint, after a minimum drying period of 6 months, using an oil paint finishing varnish.