Discover charcoal in the versatile XL blocks format. Naturally water-soluble and highly versatile large blocks with soft texture, delivering smooth smudge effects. The tin includes six greyscale shades. Create bold and agile marks with the strength and body of Derwent Charcoal XL Blocks.
Each pastel-like block contains a high volume of formula, equivalent to 8 pencils. Ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in your hand, use the blocks for large scale drawings or use the edges and corners to add fine detail and line work.
As charcoal is naturally water-soluble, small amounts of water can be added to manipulate the texture for interesting effects. The soft texture of the charcoal delivers smooth smudge effects for broad coverage. Break into pieces or grate into powder to add textures and details. Get messy with this extra-large block.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Six Charcoal XL Blocks in a compact protective tin
- Rectangular chunky block measuring 60x20x20mm each
- Large volume of formula, equivalent to eight pencils per block
- Highly versatile and can be used on all sizes of artwork
- Soft texture for smooth smudge effects
- Use whole, break into pieces or grate into powder for textures and detail
- Naturally water-soluble so can be used dry and with some water added
- Use alongside XL Tinted Charcoal Blocks or Charcoal and Tinted Charcoal Pencils for different effects
- For best results, pair with: Heavyweight paper Technique Brushes, Battery Operated Eraser, Paper Stump and Spritzer