Liquitex Professional Super Heavy Gesso is an innovative, impasto titanium white gesso having the ability to hold sculptural shape. Provides all the attributes of traditional acrylic gesso.
- Excellent base coat primer for preparing painting surfaces for acrylic and oil paint.
- Mix with acrylic colours to have a tinted ground. Tint colour with Liquitex Professional Soft or Heavy Body Artist Colours.
- Flexible, non-cracking and non-yellowing when dry.
- Provides the perfect "tooth" and adhesion to a wide variety of surfaces, including canvas, paper, wood, or any clean, porous, non-oily surface.
- One coat is usually all that is required.
- Apply using knife or brush for thick and sculptural application.
- Gives a textured matte white, opaque finish which provides a professional standard, archival base to help maintain the longevity of your work
- Adds 3D texture and acts as an ideal base for thick sculptural shape and weight
- Primes surfaces and adds maximum tooth for maximum color adhesion and stability
- Stiffens canvases and creates the optimum absorbency for paint application
- Always use a quality artist's gesso if you want a lasting, archival base - a low-cost ground will flake and separate from your support, taking your work with it.
- With proper application and under the right conditions, a professional gesso like this will last generations
How to use
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products.
- Can be thinned with Liquitex Gesso Sand hard or shiny surfaces first, apply to support with a knife/brush and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before starting to paint.
- Add acrylic color for a custom tint - Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic is the optimum consistency.
Find out more on how to use Liquitex Acrylic Gesso Medium range here