- A first or second year art & design student?
- Dynamic, passionate & full of ideas?
- Always eager to take on a challenge?
- Looking to experience all that the arts industry has to offer?
Then Cass Art wants you!
We’re looking for a team of enthusiastic art students to join our Student Ambassador Programme as the class of 2015-16. Get first-hand experience in the art industry, opportunities to work with exciting art materials and help spread the word about what Cass Art can do for students. But hurry - applications close 31st May!
What does it involve?
You’ll be invited down to the all-expenses-paid Welcome Day at Cass Art Islington, the flagship store, to meet fellow ambassadors, get messy with materials and become fluent in all things Cass Art.
As part of the team you’ll be connected to all the opportunities that the arts industry has to offer as well as a team of 30+ likeminded creative undergraduates, spread across the UK. You’ll represent Cass Art in your institution – helping to spread the message of our student discounts, ticket offers, new product launches and exclusive events – and even coordinate a few of your own! Student Ambassadors will also have the opportunity to guest write for the Cass Art blog and share their arty advice and work with the world.
In return for your hard work, Cass Art will send you tailored arty goodies throughout the year. Plus to celebrate your time with us, at the end of the year, we showcase Student Ambassador art work in a free exhibition, organised by Cass Art, as part of Free Range at the Old Truman Brewery. You’ll also have the opportunity to network with leading industry professionals at Free Thinking, a series of creative talks curated by Cass Art especially for students & recent graduates. It's also going to make your CV stand out, with some shiny, real life art work experience.
We’re looking for Student Ambassadors from leading creative institutions across the whole of the UK, including:
- London – University of the Arts London: Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion, London College of Communication, Wimbledon College of Art, Chelsea College of Art & Design, Camberwell College of Art & Design. Goldsmiths University, Westminster University, Royal College of Art, Slade School of Art, Kingston University.
- Scotland – Glasgow School of Art, Glasgow Cardonald College, Edinburgh School of Art.
- North England – Manchester School of Art, Leeds College of Art, Newcastle University, Northumbria University, Liverpool School of Art, Liverpool Hope University, Sheffield Institute of Arts, Birmingham City University.
- Midlands & South England – Norwich University of the Arts, University of West England Bristol, South Gloucestershire & Stroud College, Ruskin School of Art Oxford, Nottingham Trent University, University of Brighton, Brighton Hove College, Anglia Ruskin University, Bath Spa University.
- Wales – Cardiff School of Art.
Please do apply if you’re from another creative school, as these are only guidelines!
How to Apply
Fill out our survey to register your interest here and contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If your survey answers are successful, we will then contact you and ask you to submit a CV & creative cover letter.
Applications close on Sunday 31st May 2015.
Please note that all applicants must be able to attend the Welcome Day on Wednesday 9th September 2015.
Apply to be a Cass Art Student Ambassador 2015/2016 by filling out an initial survey here. We will get back to you if you are successful, asking for your CV and covering letter.
Check out just a few of the fun things this year's Student Ambassadors have been getting up to, including their Creative Call and guest blogs on painting, workshops and their individual cities.