Liquitex Clear Acrylic Gesso seals, primes and adds tooth while leaving the surface visible, and can be used not only for acrylic colours but also oils, oil pastels, graphite and charcoal.
Usual choices include canvas, wood, paper and metal, but it’s also an excellent primer for mural work and just about any non-oily surface will take it.
With just a single coat it dries to a clear and flexible matt finish, but you can apply further coats to reduce the visibility of your working surface, or mix with a dab of translucent acrylic colour to tint.
HOW TO USE
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products.
- Use undiluted or thin with up to 25% water - when thinning more than 25%, use an equal mixture of water and Liquitex Matte Medium.
- Sand hard or shiny surfaces first, apply a thin coat to support with a wide, flat brush and leave to dry for at least 24 hours before starting to paint.
- To create a smoother base, sand the surface and reapply gesso.
- If using as a base for oils, apply 2-4 coats and sand between applications.
- Add acrylic color for a custom tint.
- Soft Body Acrylic is the optimum consistency.
- Two coats are recommended under oil colour.
Use with Liquitex Heavy Body Acrylic and Liquitex Soft Body Acrylic colours.