Liquitex Texture Gel Medium in Black Lava is a clear gel speckled with small black particles that adds an innovative dimension to paint surfaces.
Gives dramatic effects when mixed with transparent, translucent, or interference colours and can be used to darken values in a picture.
Try over painting dry acrylic colour for additional effects.
- Tiny flat black acrylic polymer hexagons add dimension and texture to this clear 100% acrylic polymer gel
- Dries to a ground black lava texture Highly flexible and adhesive
- Will not chip or crack on canvas
- Can be used on its own, mixed with color or overpainted with acrylics once dry
- Apply thickly to create dramatic 3D effects, or finely to give surface highlights and dimension
- Maintains color adhesion, durability and archival quality
How to use
- Fully intermixable with all Liquitex products
- Apply with knife or brush
- Can be thinned with a small amount of distilled water if required
- Mix with different consistencies and ratios of acrylic color/medium to create custom texture
- Start by adding very small amounts of color and build up as needed
- For maximum dimension, mix with transparent/semi opaque colors
- For dramatic glittery effects and highlights, mix with metallic color or apply 'neat' over dried paint
- Mix with Gloss Medium to create a textured glaze
- Overpaint when dry with transparent/semi opaque acrylics for different effects
- Can be mixed with acrylic-compatible powdered pigments.
- If varnishing, don't be too vigorous as this can cause clouding or foaming - spray varnish will give best results
- Do not use with any non-acrylic compatible media