Cass Art is the trading name of Art-Line Limited which is a company registered in England and Wales whose registered office is at 66-67 Colebrooke Row, London N1 8AB. The Company number is 1799472 and VAT registration number is 429 5922 23.
The following terms and conditions will apply between you and Cass Art online and do not affect your statutory rights. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, you must not use this website or services. Your continued use of this website constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with the relevant part of the website relating to the particular product(s) in question, which are hereby deemed incorporated herein; these include, without limitation, product descriptions, prices and specifications, and any care guidelines both for their use and storage.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute connected with this site is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Cass Art may change these terms and conditions from time to time. We shall try to notify visitors to the site of any material changes, but you are advised to check back from time to time to confirm the latest version; you will be bound by changes even if you do not revisit this page to check for any updates.
Cass Art makes every effort to keep this site up to date, but cannot guarantee its accuracy. Cass Art reserves the right at any time and without prior notice to make changes and corrections to the site or to make parts or all of it unavailable.
Cass Art is not liable for any loss or damages suffered as a result of any use of this site or of any products ordered on it and accepts no responsibility for the effect that use of this site has upon your computer. Cass Art cannot vouch for the suitability or accuracy of the content of any other sites linked to by this site, and you use them at your own risk. Any reference to linked sites or to third-party companies, products or services by name does not constitute or imply its endorsement by Cass Art.
Unless otherwise stated, the contents of this website are copyrighted materials of Cass Art. All rights are reserved. They may not be used, transmitted or reproduced without the prior written permission of Cass Art, other than the downloading and temporary storage of pages where indicated, for the sole purpose of individual viewing on a standalone PC or monitor, and printing for the use of an individual. They may not be further reproduced, copied or transmitted in any way. You may not reproduce any other part of the website including the structure, style and program code.
By registering with Cass Art, you guarantee that you are at least 18 years old and that the information you supply is true and accurate; you agree to notify us as soon as possible of any changes by email. You may request that Cass Art stop using your information to send you the Cass Art email newsletter. By registering, you also agree that you are responsible for your account security, your password and any activities on your account. You agree to notify us of any unauthorised use of your name or password that comes to your attention. Cass Art cannot be held responsible if you do not protect your password or account.
Cass Art complies fully with all relevant Data Protection and consumer legislation and treats all personal information as fully confidential. We collect your personal information (for example, your name, email address etc) when you subscribe to our mailing list, enter competitions and provide feedback; when you place orders, we collect your name, email and delivery address and payment details, to service your order. Personal information is stored on secure servers, and details such as credit card, name and address are encrypted. Cass Art complies with Tier 1 PCI (Payment Card Industry), which guarantees the highest level of security and protection of customer information.
Cass Art will not share your details with third parties unless you give us permission to do so. However, to perform credit-card transactions and fulfil orders, Cass Art uses reputable third-party banking and distribution institutions. These carefully selected companies receive only the information needed to verify and authorise payment cards and to process orders and are under strict legal obligations to keep all personal information private.
Orders will be charged to your account on dispatch of goods. All credit and charge-card payments are subject to checks and authorisation by the card issuer; if the issuer does not authorise payment, your order will be cancelled and Cass Art will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
Please note that stock levels shown on the website are a guide only, that product colour may be different from that shown due to variation caused by your computer screen or device, and that any colour swatches provided are supplied as a guide only. In the rare event that a product ordered has been listed with incorrect details or is supplied to Cass Art in different packaging than shown, we’ll inform you prior to dispatch and ask you to confirm your order or cancel it. If we cannot get hold of you, we will cancel the order and will either not take payment from you or give you a full refund, as applicable.
We reserve the right to refuse an order at our discretion, and cannot be held liable for withdrawing any goods, materials or content from the site.
Cass Art dispatches orders every working day. Working days are Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays. Standard Delivery takes between 3 and 5 working days to most areas of mainland Britain. We also offer Next Day and Same Day delivery options were available – see Delivery Information for full details.
We will send an email to the address you provided on registration (as may be updated) when your order has been dispatched, including any information on how to track your order.
Delivery notes are passed onto the courier to assist them in delivering your order. They are not instructions that the courier will always follow.
We insure each purchase during the time it is in transit until it is delivered to the specified delivery address. Once your order has been delivered to the specified delivery address, the contract between Cass Art and yourself will be marked as fulfilled and the responsibility from that stage has transferred onto you. If you have specified a recipient who is not you for delivery purposes (for example as a gift) then you accept that evidence of a signature by them (or at that delivery address) is evidence of delivery and fulfilment by Cass Art and transfer of responsibility in the same way.
Our couriers can deliver to certain destinations without collecting a signature. If this option applies to your delivery address, you can update your preference on the shipping page at checkout by entering a delivery note before proceeding to purchase. By instructing the courier to leave your order in a safe place, you agree to our terms and conditions and take full responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur.
Cass Art does not accept any liability for failure or delay in delivering goods or for any damage or defect to goods, in each case, that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond its reasonable control.
If for any reason, you wish to return a product bought from Cass Art, your statutory rights are not affected. Under the Distance Selling Regulations, we will issue a full refund for any item(s), excluding delivery charges, provided you return your order to us at the address provided in an unused and unopened condition and let us know by email or by phone on +44 (0)20 7619 2601 within 14 working days from the day following delivery of your order. The returns form must be completed and included in the return package.
In the case of damaged item(s), you must inform us within 3 days of receipt of the item, otherwise we will deem you to have accepted them and will not accept a return. In the case of faulty item(s), you must inform us within 7 days of receipt of the item, otherwise we will deem you to have accepted them and will not accept a return.
Your item(s) must have been stored in appropriate conditions and should be returned in a resalable state: unopened and unused with the original presentation box, with protective packaging and any cards or tags included. If you purchased a set, you will need to return all pieces in the set for a full refund. We cannot accept any partial set returns for a refund.
On receiving the returned item(s), we will either accept or decline your return. Item(s) that do not meet our returns policy will be declined and sent back to you at the original delivery address. Returns that are accepted will be refunded to the original payment method (excluding the initial delivery cost). If you are unsure or would like further clarification please contact us.
Items are returned at the customer’s risk. For larger items such as easels, boards and print racks, we recommend insuring your return and that you obtain a free Certificate of Posting as we cannot be held responsible for any returns that arrive damaged or lost in transit. We cannot accept any further liability.
Please allow up to 28 days from the day we receive the returned item(s) for refunds to be processed.
Promotional Codes are valid only with new orders placed online and for a limited period of time according to the expiry date displayed. Only one Promotional Code may be used per order, and they are not valid in conjunction with any other promotion, Viridian Card, or on sale or discounted items. Cass Art reserves the right to refuse orders if it deems a Promotional Code is invalid.
For returns of items purchased using a Promotional Code, refunds will be given for the price paid after the discount is applied. Promotional Code discounts will not apply to replacement items; instead, if the offer is still valid, you should place a new order using the original Promotional Code.
Offers for Free Standard Delivery do not apply to Next Working Day Delivery, Saturday Delivery or Highlands and Islands deliveries.
Should a customer qualify for a free sample, these will be automatically added to their basket and no extra cost or charge. Samples are subject to availability and while stocks last.
Free samples are limited to one per customer.
The Cobalt Blue Student discount cannot be applied in conjunction with other offers, discount codes and special discount days or for the purchase of gift vouchers or event tickets.
HAMPSTEAD SCHOOL OF ART DISCOUNT CARD
To receive a card, all student applicants must present their enrolment form or course receipt at the till point at Cass Art Hampstead, 58-62 Heath Street, London NW3 1EN, and complete a small form.
To be eligible for a Hampstead School of Art discount card, HSoA students must have enrolled in a class at Hampstead School of Art within the last year, and the card will expire one year after the start date of that course.
To apply for a card, HSoA tutors must show proof of ID and either a letter on HSoA headed paper, or present the HSoA guide highlighting their course. Card expiry date for tutors will be one year from the date they apply for the card.
Terms & Conditions:
The card is not valid online or in any other store and cannot be applied in conjunction with other offers, discount codes and special discount days or for the purchase of gift vouchers or event tickets.
In order to receive their discount, when purchasing items HSoA Card holders must present their card in-store.
Viridian Card holders receive a 10% discount off the Cass Art price of all products, both in-store and online. The discount cannot be used on special promotional days, in conjunction with any other offer, Cobalt Blue Student Card, or for the purchase of gift vouchers or event tickets. Cass Art reserves the right to exclude products from the scheme at any time.
To be eligible for a Viridian Card, customers must be either an art & design teacher or tutor at a UK School, College or University, or an Art Therapist.
Applicants must prove their status as an Artist Educator, either with an identity card or a signed letter on headed paper from their institution. Art Therapists should have full membership to either the British Association of Art Therapists (BAAT) or as a Visual Arts Therapist within the Association of Anthroposophic Therapeutic Art (AATA).
To apply in-store, applicants must show their proof of artist educator status and complete an application form.
To apply digitally, applicants must email either a scanned copy or digital photograph of their identity card or letter along with their full name, email address, full personal address, name of the institution they work at, and their position at the institution to email@example.com.
Successful applicants will receive their card within 14 days. Should successful applicants not yet have an online account with cassart.co.uk, an account will be created for them and they will receive an email with their login details within 14 days.
Please note, we are unable to dispatch Viridian cards at this time, but online accounts will still be processed.
In order to receive their discount, when purchasing items Viridian Card holders must present their card in-store. A 10% discount will be automatically applied to their online account corresponding to the details given in their application.
Cass Art will donate 5% of every purchase made with the Viridian Card to a charitable organisation that supports art education. Cass Art currently supports the Saturday Club Trust.
Cass Art reserves the right to amend the Terms & Conditions, or to amend or withdraw the scheme at any time.
Cass Art Online Shop Gift Certificates are non-transferable, valid for one year from the date of issue and are only redeemable on the Cass Art website and in stores. They cannot be redeemed for cash. After a purchase has been made, any balance remaining will be retained as a credit with cassart.co.uk, to be used for future orders. Refunds for items purchased using Cass Art Online Shop Gift Certificates will be in the form of credit with cassart.co.uk. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Cass Art does not accept Cass Art shop vouchers through the online shop.
Gift Certificates cannot be redeemed against workshops and events.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND BLOCKING
Cass Art’s liability for any breach of these terms and conditions is limited to the value of the goods ordered in the relevant transaction, however, nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit Cass Art’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of Cass Art’s negligence. If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, the validity of the remaining terms and conditions is not affected. If we consider in our absolute discretion that you are in breach of these terms and conditions, we reserve the right to prevent you having further access to the website and to take any further action that we consider appropriate.
By submitting any content to us, you warrant that it is your own original work or work that you are authorised to submit to the Cass Art website. You or the owner of the work will still own the copyright in the content, but by submitting it to us you grant us an unconditional, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free, fully transferable, perpetual worldwide licence to use, publish and/or transmit, and to authorise third-parties to use, publish and/or transmit your content in any format and on any platform, either now known or hereinafter invented.
You agree that any content submitted will not contain offensive or abusive language, be libellous or defamatory, and does not infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary or privacy right of any party or individual. You guarantee that it does not contain software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Cass Art website or any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment. You agree that you will not use the Cass Art website in any way that might constitute or encourage criminal conduct or give rise to civil liability, or for any commercial purpose. You undertake that you understand that processing of this information may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to content to adapt to technical requirements, and agree that Cass Art assumes no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings of content or other information submitted by you or other users to the Cass Art website.
Submitting content or viewing content submitted by others on the Cass Art website is entirely at your own discretion and risk. Cass Art cannot be held responsible for the accuracy or completeness of that content and does not necessarily agree with or endorse any views expressed. We decline any obligation to monitor, review or edit any content posted by you or others on the Cass Art website. We reserve the right to edit or refuse any content submitted at our sole discretion and to authorise third parties to do so. We accept no liability in respect of any content submitted by users and published by us or by authorised third parties.
If you are under 18, you confirm that you have the permission of your parent or guardian to submit content.
We expect the Cass Art website to be a pleasant and fun and creative place to visit. To ensure this, we ask all users to abide by these guidelines and to let us know if they see them being crossed. Failure to abide by these guidelines may result in any submissions being removed.
1. Be polite, considerate and as clear as possible to avoid misunderstandings.
2. Feel free to engage in discussion and debate, but don’t be abusive or provocative or conduct personal attacks.
3. Avoid rows, rivalry, grudges or ganging up.
4. Ensure that anything you submit is not obscene or illegal (eg libellous, defamatory or in breach of copyright or any privacy laws).
5. And please don’t post spam, adverts or any other commercial content, and don’t misrepresent Cass Art or attack us for your own commercial reasons.
PRICE GUARANTEE CONDITIONS
Cass Art undertakes to match the prices of any art retailer. We promise to refund the difference if you find an item available at a lower price, sold under the same conditions, within 7 days of purchasing it from us.
To qualify, the item found at a lower price must be the same product (including colour and size), not part of a bundle of products, in stock and available for immediate delivery by an authorised VAT registered UK retailer, either trading directly or through market places, such as Amazon, or auction sites. Where applicable delivery charges will be considered as part of the total price. The Price Match policy does not apply to purchases made using discount codes, partner and affiliate codes and Clearance lines.
To claim, please contact us.
Newsletter Sign Up Prize Draw
- This Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK and Ireland aged 18 or over, except for employees of Cass Art, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the administration of this competition.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
- Prizes are not transferable and there is no cash alternative available for any prize. None of the prizes may be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Only one entry per person is permitted and one prize per winner.
- The prize draw is administered by Cass Art, 66-67 Colebrooke Row, London N1 8AB.
- The Prize Draw opens on the first of every month and closes at midnight on the last day of the month.
- The prize winners will be the first valid entries drawn at random from all entries received. the winners will be contacted by the 10th of the following month via the email provided.
- The winners must claim their prize within 48 hours. In the event that the winners do not claim their prize within this period, another winner will be drawn at random.
- Cass Art will never share your details with any third parties.
Customer Survey Prize Draw
By completing the survey and entering your email address , entrants will be deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Eligibility Rule for the Customer Survey Prize Draw (the 'Prize Draw')
1. This Prize Draw is open to all persons resident in the UK aged 18 and over at the date of their entry. "Prize draw" means a promotion where no skill or knowledge is required for entry and winners are selected at random.
2. Employees or contractors of Cass Art and their immediate family, or anyone directly connected with the organization will not be eligible to enter the prize draw.
Entry and Entry Methods
3. To enter the Prize Draw simply enter your email address where requested in the survey.
4. The survey is hosted by a third-party company, Survey Monkey.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter the Prize Draw
6. A limit of one entry per customer will be accepted. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple names and to require them to return any prize they may have won.
7. No bulk, third party or automated entries will be accepted.
8. Cass Art will not be liable for any computer malfunction which results in entries not being received. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
9. Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules or which are otherwise incomplete will be disqualified.
10. The winner will be the first valid selected at random by an automated system on the final working day of the month from all entries received. The decision will be final and no correspondence or discussion concerning any decision shall be entered into.
11. Winners will be notified through the same email address used for participation in the survey within 7 working days of being selected.
12. If a winner does not respond to such email within 7 working days of the time of notification, then the Prize will be forfeited and Cass Art will be entitled to select another winner at random.
13. The Prize consists of a £100 Cass Art voucher, this can either be an e-voucher to spend online which will be sent to the winner's email address or a paper gift voucher to spend in store which will be posted to the winner.
14. The Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable. No cash alternative is available for any prize.
Identity of the promotor
16. The promoter of this prize draw is Cass Art, Cass Art is the trading name of Art-Line Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with a company number 1799472. Registered office: 66-67 Colebrooke Row, Islington, London, N1 8AB.
Termination of Prize Draw.
17. Cass Art reserves the right to (i) cancel this promotion, (ii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry and (iii) amend these terms and conditions at any time.
To contact us, please email us or telephone on +44 (0)20 7619 2601. Any notices should be sent to this email address, with a hard copy posted to Cass Art Head Office, Variety House, 93 Bayham Street, London, NW1 0AG, deemed served 3 working days after posting.
Signing up to our newsletter allows Cass Art to communicate on a weekly basis. You can unsubscribe at any time.
FREE Standard UK Shipping for 12 months
- Purchase of this delivery method entitles the customer to 12 months free standard UK delivery from the date of purchase.
- Contact our customer care team if you would like to cancel and have not activated the offer.
- The membership cannot be cancelled after activating the offer on a subsequent purchase.
- Offer only available on UK mainland postcodes and for the standard delivery options.
- Cass Art reserves the right to cancel or refuse a purchase of this offer and amend the terms and conditions. If this is significant you will be informed.
- Some postcode restrictions may apply.
- Cass Art will verify the purchase and activate it within 1 – 3 working days. You will be informed via email as soon as this is available.
Daler Rowney Prize Draw - 14th September - 11th October 2020
1. This Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK and Ireland aged 18 or over, except for employees of Cass Art, or Daler Rowney, their families, agencies or anyone else associated with the administration of this competition.
2. There is no purchase necessary to enter the prize draw.
3. Prizes are not transferable and there is no cash alternative available for any prize. None of the prizes may be used in conjunction with any other offer.
4. Only one entry per person is permitted and there will be one prize per winner.
5. The prize draw is administered by Cass Art, 66-67 Colebrooke Row, London N1 8AB.
6. The prizes are provided by Daler Rowney. Winners' details will be shared with Daler Rowney for administration purposes only.
7. Each £250 prize comprises of: A System 3 Set, a System 3 Heavy Body Set, a System 3 Ink Set, a System 3 A4 Pad, a System 3 Brush Set, a System 3 Screen Printing Kit, a Georgian Oil Set, a Georgian Brush Set, a Georgian Pad, an Aquafine 12 Set, an Aquafine A5 pad, a spatula and palette knife.
8. The Prize Draw opens Monday 14th September and closes at 23:59:59 on Sunday 11th October 2020.
9. The prize winners will be the first two valid entries to be drawn at random from all entries received each week (Monday – Sunday). Two winners will be contacted on Monday 21st September, Monday 28th September, Monday 5th October and Monday 12th October via the email address or telephone number provided on the entry form. There will be eight winners in total.
10. The winners must claim their prize within 48 hours. In the event that the winners do not claim their prize within this period, another winner will be drawn at random.
11. All products will be delivered within 30 days of contacting the winners.
12. All prizes are subject to availability. Cass Art reserves the right to offer a similar prize of equal value if a prize is unavailable. The value of each prize is listed at RRP.